Tuesday 29 September 2015

Autumn/Winter fashion

Hi, this post should have gone out yesterday but I had some technical problems so I do apologise. 'tis the nature of computers.

I could most definitely feel Autumn in the air yesterday. After the morning mist burnt away, it was a lovely clear, sunny, crisp day perfect for cutting my lawns, and it was so good to be out in the fresh air as I seem to have some sort of bug that has me feeling headachy, disgruntled, and having somewhat of a creativity crisis. Not even being in the garden letting my mind do some wandering seemed to snap me out of it. I guess we all have these little blips ( I hope so anyway).

Emmanuelle Alt

The noticeable change of season has turned my thoughts to fashion; the new collections are already in the shops and I've decided who my style muse is for this season - Emmanuelle Alt editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris. She's a similar age to me and is on my personal list of most stylish women as she always seems to get it just right. This is the look I would love to achieve this Autumn/Winter. It's a very simple, understated look but it's done with the utmost style and elegance.

Although she has access to any number of designers and a pretty healthy budget, I'm hoping I can find something similar on the high street. I'd also like to inject a few Autumn colours - I was thinking forest shades of green and brown. I'd love to find a flare that works with flats. I know they look so much better with a heel but I have to impose some practicalities as I spend most of my days on my feet running around.


As I said earlier, I haven't been very creative but I did manage to take a photo of a beautiful rainbow behind my house at the end of last week, so I'll leave you with this:-


Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment