Monday 5 October 2015

Misty Mornings, Sunny Days

What a wonderful way to transition from Summer to Autumn. The mornings were grey and misty with an eerie, mythical atmosphere cloaking the landscape in a timeless sense of mystery.



Then the sun broke through to give us a last indulgent burst of warmth, blue skies and rich Autumn colours.


After the previous week, when my mood was quite dark, this wonderful mix of weather lifted my spirits.

I found time to catch up with all the news from London Fashion Week where collections for Spring/Summer 2016 have been shown. This understated look from Jasper Conran is an ideal Summer look for me with a slim silhouette and touches of gold :-

Jasper Conran
I also felt myself drawn to the Giles collection which had a dark forest theme; anything with a forest theme is sure to make me take notice and it was a beautiful collection reminiscent of Alexander McQueen with its sense of narrative and hand-crafted quality:-

Giles
But for now Autumn is well under way so time to embrace cosy nights in with warm drinks and a good read.

Amanda xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment