Friday 21 July 2017

Musings and Nature

I sometimes find it very hard to post my art work on my blog as it's so close to my heart, but many of the artists that I admire lay themselves open in their work and I'm so grateful that they did. When I look at it that way, then the fear I have of sending it out into the public domain is balanced out by the fact that it may make a genuine connection; if nothing else this is a space that provides me with a record, a diary of sorts.

I think one of the main things that pushes me to blog is that it helps to move me along, ever forward, and yet in writing my posts I also have space to reflect. I also know how much I get from other blogs that I follow; it's both reassuring and comforting to have a glimpse into the lives of like-minded people and to know that when you struggle, that struggle is universal.

So, anyway...on the domestic front I am getting a huge amount of pleasure from my 'tiny urban garden' at the moment. I had a little bare patch in one of my borders so I decided to fill the space with a few new purchases - a Geum, 2 Phlox and 2 Dahlia.

Dahlia

Phlox

This shot of vibrant colour at the side of the path has been bringing a smile to my face every time I walk past, and with the right care and attention I think these plants will continue to deliver right throughout Summer.

Just a few years ago when I made my first tentative steps into gardening, I bought these two trees:-


A Cherry Blossom and a small Willow; and they are now rewarding me with a profusion of green.I started out with a small square patch of weed-covered ground, masquerading as lawn, but now from my desk as I turn toward the window I see the spreading branches swaying gently in the breeze, steadily growing and marking the seasons, ever changing.



As for the artistic side of things, there will definitely be a finished embroidery in my next post.

If I had to pick a quote of the week, it would be this classic one from Patti Smith:-

Words of a Woman

Amanda xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment