Tuesday 8 August 2017

Maps Series 1 'Could This Be The Velveteen Rabbit?'

So here is my next completed embroidery and I have to say I really love this one. It speaks of the beauty, the magic, the power of books.


The book is bigger than me. I can step inside it and go on a journey, become a part of it, connect with the words another person has woven into a narrative which, in turn, becomes a part of my narrative.

Anyone who has grown up with books in their life will have experienced the overwhelming feeling of seeing a well loved title from childhood and being transported right back there; connecting with the younger self that resides within us all...it's almost like time travel.

This piece tells another little piece of my story, of the books that are my constant companions, able to inspire, impart knowledge, offer reassurance, or just provide a place to escape, as they accompany me along the map of my life.

Amanda xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment