Monday 20 July 2015

Design Inspiration

In my very first post I showed a sample of my design work but neglected to give any details about the work, so here's a bit of back-story; it was from a series of designs I did inspired by royal sashes. This is the mood board I created:


I love the elegance of these very regal draped ribbons and enjoyed playing around with it in my designs, creating a modern slant on a traditional idea.

These are a few more from the same series:-

 
I studied Fashion Design, holding a BA Honours Degree in this subject, so I guess there will probably be quite a lot of focus on fashion and style in my posts. I've been interested in fashion since I was a young girl and would fill notebooks with designs and pore over the pages of my mum's 'Vogue'. That interest has stayed with me and my own style has certainly gone through some changes over the years from the pink, spiky hair of my teenage years to the more casual, elegant look I aspire to now.
 
Amanda x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment