Monday 27 July 2015

Rainy Evening...

It's a grey misty evening and I can hear the rain pitter-pattering down outside, but I don't find this a reason to be gloomy - on the contrary. I switch on my lamps, put on something warm and comfy, and settle at my desk with my notebooks and pens laid out before me. This is the perfect time to enjoy some contemplation as I scribble away and make plans for future projects.

 
I have this little old bureau in a corner of my living room and it's where I sit and sew, and write, and piece together my bits of inspiration. I've had my own desk for as long as I can remember - when you love stationery as much as I do, a desk is an integral piece of furniture.
 
I always have a journal on the go and for this I like to use Daler-Rowney artists sketchbooks. These have been my preferred books since I was at art college and I love starting a new one. For something a bit more special I'll treat myself to a Moleskine. I didn't know about these until I started working at a bookstore but they're definitely on my list of favourites.
 
 
Another benefit of all this rain is that I know the plants in my garden will be vibrant and refreshed after their long cool drink.
 
Good night x
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment