Monday 13 July 2015

Rob Ryan at Yorkshire Sculpture Park

YSP shop - Rob Ryan window display
 
Last Thursday evening I went along to an artist talk given by Rob Ryan at Yorkshire Sculpture Park - what a brilliant evening. It was so reassuring hearing Rob talk about himself and his work because it made me realise I'm not the only one with ridiculous amounts of anxiety.

Rob worries about things to a ridiculous level, he overthinks everything; so he creates his work purely and selfishly because he loves to do it, it makes him happy, and it allows him to have a dialogue with himself, reminding himself how wonderful and amazing the world is.

I've always loved Rob's work but feel an even greater connection with it after hearing him speak and, after a week of feeling stressed and anxious, I left the event feeling  much calmer and eager to throw myself into my own work.


a summer evening at ysp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment