Monday 17 August 2015

A Space Of My Own

As Summer's end approaches it's good to take some free time and appreciate natures display in the garden. The days can be so busy that it's easy to miss the changing seasons.


I treasure my garden - more so because it's really the first proper one that I've had. I'm actually lucky enough to have two - a front and a back one; and they have both helped at various times when I've felt bogged down by emotions. Getting divorced was a painful experience but being in the fresh air, digging in the soil, getting dirty hands, and watching plants grow and bloom is incredibly therapeutic.

There are two small lawns so I had to invest in a lawnmower as I'd never owned one. When I mowed the grass in the Spring of last year it was a first for me - a momentous occasion indeed!

Pink Lacecap Hydrangea and White Astilbe
 
I'm learning as I go along and loving seeing my garden slowly take shape. It's such an amazing thing to see the transformation from Winter to Summer in this tiny space that is mine. From dark earth such wonderful colours and shapes appear.
 
a snoozing bee on my Caryopteris
Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment