Monday 10 August 2015

Once Upon a Time...

So, I promised in my last post that I would tell you the story behind the first image from "Maps, Series1" which is a collection of work in ten parts - I love books and stories and felt inspired to tell aspects of my own story with the narrative thread being told in actual thread.

This first image is called 'I Never Thought I'd Find You' and can be read in several ways - we journey through life and take certain paths often searching or striving for something or someone, but life is a continuous journey and not always neat and tidy. The best we can do is stay true to ourselves and set our own course through life. So as to what you find along the way - it could be an ambition fulfilled; it could be a person to share your life with; it could simply be discovering yourself.



The path here is depicted with sparkling sequins and continues, through the other nine pieces, represented with silver thread which links each image.

Woods and forests were in many stories from my childhood and were an actual physical part of the landscape of my childhood - they never fail to capture my imagination, conjuring up magical images, so they had to feature in my story as the path winds its way through woodland trees; they are part of an ancient connection to the land and I think it's vital that more trees are planted. The Woodland Trust are doing fantastic work.

Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment